Sunday, January 01, 2006

#21--Try two new cuisines, #33--Watch a foreign film

Russ and I went out for SalvadoreƱo food on Wednesday. It's similar to Mexican food, but I didn't like it quite as much. Rather plainly seasoned. And the restaurant was out of plaintain chips, which are what I really wanted to try. Perhaps next time we go there (the restaurant was a good value, and it's near where Russ lives, so I'm sure we'll go there again.)

Next up: There's a Pakistani restaurant in Bangor that I've been wanting to try. However, I think it's Ramadan right now, so quite likely it's closed for a bit. Edit: I'm an uninformed moron...Ramadan was in October this year. I just looked it up. Thus, I have no excuse to not go eat Pakistani food sometime soon.

As for the foreign film, it's sitting in a Netflix envelope by my DVD player right now. It's Like Water for Chocolate. I absolutely adored the book, and I've heard good things about the movie. I don't think Russ will be into it, so I'm planning to watch it tomorrow after he heads home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home